How Is A Nonsurgical Fat Reduction Process Done?
After due consultation, your medical aesthetician might suggest any of the following treatment methods:
- The marked area is cooled and carefully sucked into a hand-piece placed in the middle of two metal plates.
- Treatment time is estimated at one hour for each area.
- Requires just one or two treatment sessions.
- Guarantees long lasting result as the fat will not return to the treated area as soon the fat cells separate from the body.
- Sessions may last between thirty minutes to an hour
- The medical aesthetician marks out the area to be treated
- a thin layer of gel is applied to your skin
- The Radio Frequency transducer is placed and moved over the treatment area, a particular area may be treated multiple times, between 6 – 8 treatment session for optimal result.
- Healthy eating habit and regular exercise will help guarantee long lasting result and prevent any chance of the fat cells regaining the fat back
While clinical trials have proven that cryolipolysis is effective, FDA rules refer to it as an “off-label” treatment. The FDA believes that “off-label” treatments may denote the state of the art treatment. Depending on your needs, Canada MedLaser offers great non surgical fat removal procedure to help eliminate fat using the CoolScultping method, which is considered to be one of the most effective ways of shredding fats from the body.
What are my choices?
Presently, there are two kinds of non-surgical fat removal procedures, cryolipolysis (cold energy) and Radio Frequency. Depending on what you aim to achieve after the treatment, a certified plastic surgeon will decide on which treatment option is most appropriate for you.
This treatment takes advantage of the fact that cold temperature can destroy fat cells prior to the skin freezing. Cryolipolysis uses the same technique. The fat cells brake of the body and eventually naturally gotten rid of by your body through the lymphatic system.
It is advisable to see the Radio Frequency energy as sunlight. A magnifying glass can cause sunlight to ignite paper if it is focused on it. Likewise when Radio Frequency energy is focused on the fatty area, only the focus point (the fat) is affected, your surrounding skin (above point) and tissue (below point) are unaffected. Your body eventually slowly gets rid of the fat. Multiple treatments may be required. The fat cells reduce its size and the fat squeezed outsize. The excess fat flashed through the lymphatic system
How should I prepare for this procedure?
Your medical aesthetician would give you some guidelines prior to the procedure as well as instruct you to:
- Stop smoking
- Desist from taking specific anti-inflammatory medications like aspirin, which can cause increased bleeding.
- Stay properly hydrated before and after the procedure for better recovery.
Nonsurgical fat reduction processes are normally performed on outpatient levels, as such you should plan your care and transportation accordingly.
What can I anticipate on the day of the procedure?
- Your medical aesthetician would follow the agreed treatment plan.
- Once the procedure is concluded, you are free to continue your normal activities.
Aftercare and Recovery
Normally, recovery time is not needed for a non-surgical fat procedure, but you would be given post-treatment information about:
- Expected symptoms
- Possible symptoms of complication
Immediately after your nonsurgical fat procedure
You may experience redness on your skin, swelling and numbness especially on treated areas, but these are only temporary after effects. Patients may be administered oral pain medication if they had multiple treatment areas.
Recovery time after a nonsurgical fat procedure
You should be able to carry on your normal activities right away, and expect to see visible fat reduction few months later.