Things You Should Know About TVS Jupiter
TVS hit a jackpot in the two-wheeler automatic scooter segment with the launch of the Jupiter scooter range. Launched back in the year 2013 for the first time, the Jupiter was loved by many people all around the country for its good looks and brilliant outer body design. The machine was able to communicate with the people in the commuter segment perfectly by providing them with a mixture of great engine performance and high fuel mileage at competitive prices.
Since its launch, the TVS Jupiter created a name for itself in this very competitive mid-range scooter price range with great features. Let’s have a look at the TVS Jupiter specification and other important things you should know about this automatic scooter.
Features and Specifications of TVS Jupiter
TVS Jupiter is hailed as the people’s scooter thanks to the great features provided by it. These features include:
- The Engine equipped on the scooter is a four-stroke, single-cylinder, 110cc air-cooled OHC motor. This engine is able to generate a power of 8 PS and torque output of 8 Nm.
- The tires attached to the Jupiter are 90/90-12 tubeless ones which help to protect against sudden puncture. The wheelbase used on the scooter measures 1275mm.
- The suspensions used on the Jupiter are advanced telescopic fork suspensions on the front end while the rear side is fitted with spring loaded Hydraulic suspension.
- The TVS Jupiter uses 130mm drum brakes on both ends for providing safety and security.
- The Jupiter measures a length*width of 1834*650mm with a height from ground of 1115mm. The Ground clearance of the scooter is 150mm.
- The Jupiter uses a 12V Battery to power up the Multi-reflector type 35/35W Halogen headlight bulbs. The back end of the scooter is fitted with the smaller 2W/1.5W LED tail light bulb.
- The under-seat storage capacity of the TVS Jupiter measures 17 liters.
- The TVS Jupiter provides the rider with a fuel mileage of 62kmpl. It is one of the best-in class returns you would find in any of the scooters in this segment.
Things you should know about TVS Jupiter
Since its launch in 2013, it has undergone major changes to the TVS Jupiter specifications.
- The TVS Jupiter takes its name from the largest planet in our solar system, Jupiter.
- This scooter was one of the first in the country to use key shutter locks which provides enhanced safety measures.
- The Jupiter provides the rider with an option of accessible kick start.
- Jupiter was he first scooter to uses LED tail lamp.
- The Jupiter was among the first scooters to use and external fuel filling capacity.
- TVS uses a Patented E-Z Center stand in the Jupiter.
- The Jupiter is able to provide you with a 0-60 kmph acceleration in 7.2 seconds.
- The fuel tank capacity on the Jupiter measures at 5.3 liters.
TVS Jupiter Price
The re-worked latest model of the TVS Jupiter has improved the scooter in many ways. It is the first scooter in its segment to use a first pass light. The TVS Jupiter is priced starts from Rs. 49,000 approx. (ex-showroom) with the top model setting you back by Rs. 53,500.
The Last Words
The TVS Jupiter is among the topmost scooters sold in the country due to the fact that it is specifically design to cater the demands of everyone in mind. It is among the fastest 110cc scooters in the segment and also among the most frugal one. The scooter is very durable and is built to last a lifetime.