As a travel blogger, you’re probably always looking for new destinations to ensure that you always have great material for your blog. You may have gone on many road trips in your time, but you haven’t really lived the life of a bonafide blogger until you have rented a campervan hire New Zealand.
A bohemian feel to it, a campervan hire is a cozy way to see one of the most gorgeous countries in the world. If you’re an especially avid outdoors person who loves to write about adventure, you don’t want to miss out on a road trip in the land of Kiwis.
Whether you’re love beach hopping or prefer to see some snow, you won’t be disappointed with what New Zealand has to offer. To help you start planning your itinerary to ensure that you never run out of material for your travel blog, check out these top 5 NZ trips you’ll want to take:
1. Visit the beaches… as many as possible! One thing is certain; New Zealand has some gorgeous beach destinations. Another thing could be true—people love seeing pictures and reading about beach vacations. So, combine the two for the perfect trip to document on your blog. Some amazing beaches that you’ll want to visit and take plenty of pictures of in New Zealand are Piha Beach, Ninety Mile Beach, New Chums Beach, and Anchorage—just to name a few. With over 15,000 miles of coastline, um…there are plenty of beaches to see.
2. Climb the peaks. Are you more of a mountain lover than a beach-goer? Okay then; head on over to the mountains that grace New Zealand’s landscapes. There are many mountains, hills, and cliffs to explore in this gorgeous country—and many of them are snow-capped. From Mount Cook to Mount Taranaki and Mount Hutt, there is no shortage of mountaineering fun to be had in this land full of gorgeous national parks and landscapes. Make sure that you prepare beforehand to ensure that you have a drama-free experience and enjoy the trip of a lifetime.
3. Do the adventurous experiences. More than an outdoor adventurer, you love the thrill of experiencing crazy and wild things in the destinations of your choice. New Zealanders are no strangers to adventure and you’ll love what is in store for you when you visit. As you travel around in a campervan hire New Zealand, make sure that you enjoy anything from skydiving to cage-diving with sharks. Some great destinations for these unforgettable experiences are Bay of Islands, Stewart Island, Bluff, Taupo, and Queenstown.
4. Observe the wildlife. Do you love animals? But, really, do you love them more than anything else? If your blog is full of your trips to see animals (or is the world?), you won’t want to miss out on getting to know some of New Zealand’s local wildlife. From cute penguins in Oamaru to whale watching in Kaikoura, a road trip with wildlife in mind is a road trip that will have you traveling throughout the country. Don’t forget to observe the Kiwis—the native bird and well yes, the people as well.
5. Visit New Zealand’s National Parks. If you’re an avid national park explorer back home, there is no doubt in our minds that you’ll love a visit to New Zealand’s national parks. Beauty like you have never seen before can be found in this gorgeous country. With unique landscapes and gorgeous scenery, hikers and nature lovers will not regret visiting national parks. To help you plan for a trip that will provide you with plenty of blog material, you’ll want to start off with these national parks: Tongariro National Park, Mount Cook National Park, Abel Tasman National Park, and Milford Sound National Park. These places are full of gorgeous scenery, hiking trails, wildlife, and so much beauty, you have to be sure to take your camera with you.
Travel bloggers, if you have yet to visit New Zealand, you’ll want to get planning. It’s a country that is rich in amazing destinations. While it isn’t that big, it has so much to keep you busy for days to come. Whether you choose to only explore the South island or the North island during your visit, you can be sure that there is so much to do and see. If you have enough time, make sure to visit both places.
Whether you are on a road trip in a campervan hire New Zealand with your kids for your family travel blog or you are road tripping on your own, there is so much material for you to write about. From the friendly people to the iconic destinations, adventure, beauty, and fun are waiting for you in New Zealand.