Business & Education
Senior Security Architect Ron Forrester’s Job Responsibilities
A Security Architect constructs, designs, and supervises the operation of network and computer security for an organization. As a senior-level worker, you will be accountable for creating composite security structures – and making sure they work. Security architecture is an integrated security design that tackles the potential risks and necessities caught up in a certain environment or scenario. It also specifies where and when to apply security controls. The design process is usually reproducible.
In security architecture, the design doctrines are reported clearly, and comprehensive security control specifications are in general documented in independent documents. System architecture can be well thought-out a design that consists of a structure and addresses the correlation between the components of that structure.
A security architect like Ron Forrester secures enterprise information by determining security requirements; implementing, planning, and testing security systems; preparing security policies, standards, and procedures; tutoring team members.
Senior Security Architect Ron Forrester Job Duties:
- Enhances security team aptitude and accomplishments by setting up delivery of solutions; responding to procedural and technical questions for less experienced team members; mentoring team members; teaching improved processes.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by estimating security and network technologies; developing needs for local area networks (LANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), wide area networks (WANs), routers, firewalls, and related network and security devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), together with use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as software and hardware; holding on to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection equipment and methodologies; directing equipment and calibration and software installation; preparing reactive and preventive measures; transmitting, creating, and maintaining keys; completing documentation and providing technical support.
- Verifies security systems by implementing and developing test scripts.
- Upholds security by monitoring and guaranteeing compliance to policies, standards, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; conducting and developing training programs.
- Improves security systems by screening security environment; recognizing security breaches; gauging and implementing development.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by understanding and tracking emerging security standards and practices; reading professional publications; participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks; participating in certified organizations.
- Ron Forrester adds to organization and department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing diverse and new requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job undertakings.
General skills include:
- Outstanding communication skills with diverse audiences – Strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Project and team-building skills, strong leadership, including the ability to drive projects and lead teams and initiatives in multiple departments
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with operations, business processes, technology projects and information security programs.
- The capability to be the enterprise security subject matter expert who can elucidate technical topics to those without a technological background.
All through this process, you will be directing members of your programming team and reporting your growth to the CISO.