Companies have been seeking the aid of data warehouses for a long time now but the expectations from the realm of data warehousing are increasing. Companies are looking for a qualitative data extraction rather than just a simple database containing the data of their customers. They require a qualitative analysis of their customer data which will help them implement their policies more effectively.
Companies are looking for patterns and trends from their data which will help them create new strategies to attract their customers towards their products in innovative ways. Anyone who answers the Informatica interview questions knows how committed they are towards the idea of revolutionizing the process of extracting data and extrapolating quality information from them. The company targets six technologies in order to further their progress in the technology field, and they include big data, cloud, data integration, master data management, data security, and data quality. The company provides 100% on go-live rates and has a customer loyalty rate of 94% which makes it an ETL and data warehousing conglomerate.
The company’s decision to provide good quality actionable insights to companies has opened a portal to new job opportunities and job roles in the realm of ETL, data processing, and warehousing.
The Pre-requisites for Informatica
Learning Informatica can open new doors for an aspiring engineer. This is the primary reason behind developing a strong base of the concepts that are present in its list of pre-requisites.
- Sound knowledge of SQL, including functions, joins, and sub-queries. This helps in learning Informatica faster.
- The knowledge of ETL, SQL, and Data Warehousing Concepts is very useful while learning Informatica. Any fresher can learn Informatica.
- Informatica PowerCenter is an important application which extracts/loads data from/to data storage systems which include important data storage systems such as RDBMS, CRM, BigData, Webservices, and Flat files. Having a prior knowledge of data storage systems and applications can be helpful in this domain.
People from all walks of life who are passionate about data integration can select an Informatica career. The most common job profiles that switch to Informatica include software developers, analytics professionals, BI/ETL/DW professionals, mainframe developers and architects, and individual contributors in the field of Enterprise Business Intelligence.
The predominant Informatica tools include Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Reporting Services, and Informatica Power Exchange. Many enterprises are adopting Informatica PowerCenter today because of its astute data partitioning, parallel processing, innovative caching techniques, and bulk extraction methods which are highly beneficial for companies that require organized big data.
The job profiles the fall under the Informatica umbrella are Informatica developer, analyst, Informatica consultant, MDM developer, Informatica Administrator, and Informatica Application developer. Aspiring candidates can select the job profile they wish to interview for.
The future of an Informatica career
- Freshers are usually hired as ETL developers for entry-level jobs, and they gradually ascend the corporate ladder to Senior/Lead Developer.
- Those who gain an experience of 7-8 years progress towards the role of an Informatica Admin or Informatica Architect. Practicing skills such as BI and Data Warehousing can give aspirants an added advantage as they can become BI Architects.